Why increasing block size increases centralisation?

Why increasing block size increases centralisation?

I understand this is a contentious question. Help me understand Why increasing block size increases the risk of centralization? I don't understand what Antonopoulos meant when he said few people can validate the blockchain when block-size is increased.

"If my block takes 11 minutes to validate, then i’m off the blockchain, which means fewer people can validate independently, which means the system becomes centralized. With which one of these increases, fewer people can participate in the validation process, fewer people can participate in storing the data, and fewer people can participate in being independent actors. We go from a system that is decentralized to a system that gradually gets more and more centralized,”

http://ift.tt/2C00oKM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unable to send raw transaction: mandatory-script-verify-flag-failed

ETH To The Moon / Bank of England Cryptocurrency? / BTC Dominance / More (The Crypt0 Minute)

My blockchain.info wallet was hacked. How can I create a double send to foil the attacker?