So I mined a block, but why would other nodes accept my mined block?

So I mined a block, but why would other nodes accept my mined block?

When a miner finds a hash and is thus able to confirm a block of transactions, that miner will then broadcast the confirmation (block?) to the other Bitcoin nodes so taht it can be added to the blockchain. My question is, what is the incentive for teh other nodes to accept this mined block, even if it is correct and checks out against older blocks? I ask because if the reward for mining blocks decreases over time, other nodes may selfishly not want to accept this miner's effort and prefer to figure it out on their own for a greater reward now than later.

http://ift.tt/2C1z36J

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unable to send raw transaction: mandatory-script-verify-flag-failed

ETH To The Moon / Bank of England Cryptocurrency? / BTC Dominance / More (The Crypt0 Minute)

My blockchain.info wallet was hacked. How can I create a double send to foil the attacker?