How to split BTC and BTG with new ledger nano s wallet

How to split BTC and BTG with new ledger nano s wallet

I currently have all my BTC on my electrum wallet, and I had them before the BTG fork. I haven't done anything regarding splitting since the fork, but now that I have the ledger nano s, I want to move my BTC from electrum to the ledger.

Now I am in no way familiar with a) splitting BTC/BTG and b) replay attacks, but I am afraid of losing any coins in the process. As I understand, I shall do the following:

  • Make a regular BTC transaction to move all BTC from electrum to the ledger nano s BTC address
  • Get a BTG wallet, and import electrum's private keys in it. Then, I have 'claimed' the BTG
  • Make a regular BTG transaction and move the BTG from the BTG wallet to the ledger nano s BTG address

Is this correct? Is there any chance of losing anything with this process?

http://ift.tt/2BGQ32u

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Antminer D3 Blissz Modified Firmware For Improved Performance

unanswered question concerning private key

ETH To The Moon / Bank of England Cryptocurrency? / BTC Dominance / More (The Crypt0 Minute)