What underlying data structure is used to store wallet address on the blockchain?

What underlying data structure is used to store wallet address on the blockchain?

I'm curious how websites like bitref.com can determine the balance of a bitcoin wallet very quickly.

I understand that the blockchain stores every single transaction across the thousands of blocks, so it's possible to reconstruct the balance of any wallet with this ledger. But wouldn't it take a long time to scan all these transactions?

Instead, does the blockchain actually store every single address in some sort of map? Would this also contain the balance of each address? If so, I can't find a website where I could view all the addresses on the blockchain. Does anyone know where I can find that?

http://ift.tt/2pVXEIO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unable to send raw transaction: mandatory-script-verify-flag-failed

ETH To The Moon / Bank of England Cryptocurrency? / BTC Dominance / More (The Crypt0 Minute)

My blockchain.info wallet was hacked. How can I create a double send to foil the attacker?