BTC transaction is slow now. How come when buying at Exchange, it's immediate?

BTC transaction is slow now. How come when buying at Exchange, it's immediate?

On Exchange, when buy or sell, it's immediate. Isn't transaction is supposed to be ledger by Blockchain? Does that mean my BTC account at Exchange are all not ledger yet. How legitimate is my BTC at Exchange then? My understanding is when I withdraw BTC to my cold storage, that's the time it is ledger by Blockchain and it usually take some time. Am I correct?

http://ift.tt/2lqSG1i

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unable to send raw transaction: mandatory-script-verify-flag-failed

ETH To The Moon / Bank of England Cryptocurrency? / BTC Dominance / More (The Crypt0 Minute)

My blockchain.info wallet was hacked. How can I create a double send to foil the attacker?