Is there any way to listen to all transactions using bitcoind api?

Is there any way to listen to all transactions using bitcoind api?

I understand that using json-rpc to listen for all transactions is a bad idea due to performance, but bitcoinj is able to do it. In reality bitcoind is parsing all transactions under the hood when it forwards them. Is there any way for bitcoind to notify me when it sees a new transaction (not paying to an address in the wallet)?

Surely its is able to notify other peers, so why not me?

One solution I am thinking of is running connecting a bitcoinj node to my bitcoind and then using that to listen to transactions.

Another solution is to just listen for blocks and lose the ability to see zero conf payments.

http://ift.tt/2AsCF4c

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unable to send raw transaction: mandatory-script-verify-flag-failed

ETH To The Moon / Bank of England Cryptocurrency? / BTC Dominance / More (The Crypt0 Minute)

My blockchain.info wallet was hacked. How can I create a double send to foil the attacker?