Is having a copy of my wallet.dat file enough to recover lost Bitcoin?

Is having a copy of my wallet.dat file enough to recover lost Bitcoin?

I have been using Bitcoin-qt to mine bitcoin. I am a little worried about losing my coins on my computer, so I have made a backup of my wallet.dat file and put it somewhere safe.

Is this the right way to keep my coins safe from my computer crashing? Am I completely on the wrong track? What else might I need? I haven't encrypted my wallet.

http://ift.tt/2Bjqtj1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unable to send raw transaction: mandatory-script-verify-flag-failed

ETH To The Moon / Bank of England Cryptocurrency? / BTC Dominance / More (The Crypt0 Minute)

My blockchain.info wallet was hacked. How can I create a double send to foil the attacker?